Posts from the Past

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Star is Born....

Evelyn has REALLY been enjoying making little movies of herself and then watching them back on the camera over and over...  And it is great for me because I am finally getting some good videos of her again.  For a while she was SO camera shy that I felt like I was tormenting her when trying to take a video!  Like most kiddos some of her favorite activities include singing and reading books.

We especially love to sing in the car and Evelyn (some nights) likes a bed time song.  Often she doesn't want a regular song - but something new.  Apparently I don't have a wide range of kids songs in my head so sometimes I sing the first thing I think of!  This video shows Evelyn singing some of our new favorites.  One night she asked me to sing 'The Baseball Song' - I had no idea what she meant and did 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame' - it has become a favorite and she learned the words so quickly!  Annie was one of the first movies she watched and it is a staple in our house.  Of course, it was one of my childhood favorites and it never gets old!  Chantilly Lace is a song I remember my Dad singing and have had fun teaching it to Evelyn.  It quickly became coined 'Grandpa's song' -- I am working on teaching her 'Grandma's song' which I have decided will be 'This Land is Your Land' -- I can distinctly remember her playing this on the piano and singing it over and over!

The end of the video is Evelyn reading one of our new library books.  I was looking for something that she could read to us for a change - and this book hit the jackpot!  It is part of a whole series and I am looking forward to checking out a couple more.  Keith and I were amazed at how fast she memorized it - and you can totally see her mimicking us by trying to follow along the words with her finger.  She really takes pride in reading to us - and it is just the beginning of her actually learning to read!  Unbelievable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment