Posts from the Past

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cheeseburger!

Evelyn has been hit and miss lately with photos.  I can usually get her to 'pose' if I first take a picture of her, THEN I have to show her the picture THEN she will pose for the second one. For some reason I have started saying 'Cheeseburger' instead of 'Cheese' for posing for a picture...

Here she is wearing my glasses on the way to school.  Almost every morning she thinks it is too bright and we whip out the shades.  She was wearing mine for a while but now we have plenty of hers on hand.  She also has learned to cover her eyes  with her hands when glasses aren't handy.  It is funny that I had to suggest that to her.... Anyways - mornings are a great time to talk about the weather and whether or not it is raining and if we see any clouds.  She will tell me if she feels cold or hot.  We also talk about big trucks, school buses and if we are going up/down a hill.  She is ever the 'Mr. Obvious' pointing out the same things over and over again. 
 
We took her for a photo at 2and1/2 and got one pretty cute shot.  We had an outfit change into a super cute Husker outfit from Evelyn's friend Shelby.  Those pics didn't turn out -but once we got to see this puppy at Old Navy for post-pics shopping she was more than happy to sit and pose!  Guess I will have to see if the photographer has a puppy next time! 

 Somehow Evelyn knows exactly what Halloween is and that she was SURE she wanted to be Tinkerbell.  I found a cute little fairy costume kit and we have had fun wearing the wings and holding the magic wand 'practicing' for Halloween.  The magic wand is in motion here...  As of last night she would NOT wear the wings and has yet to allow me to put the skirt on her.  So....she will either be Tinkerbell or nothing I guess.  Halloween isn't really my thing - so I am not worried either way.  If I were to guess - she will probably have more fun handing out the candy at this age than attempting to go Trick or Treating to our neighbors...

Evelyn and I decided to go to the zoo again this Saturday.  She was SO excited to go and looks so big here with her hair pulled back and braided.   She also insisted on bringing her purse which she now likes to keep her 'souvenir' rocks, sticks and acorns in - sheesh :)
Here she is 'peeking' in the willow tunnel at the zoo.  The first time I went here with her I took a picture of her in the willow tunnel - every time since she stops and tells me to take a picture here -so funny!  Last time I didn't have a camera so 'mimed' taking a picture - that was satisfactory, apparently, because she moved on after I fake took the picture!

1 comment:

  1. Love all these pictures. She's getting so big!!

    ReplyDelete