I remember when I was pregant with Evelyn and I would read books on pregnancy, childbirth and parenting non-stop. I started this blog before she was born and had multiple updates about her progress and the anticipation of the whole thing.... And poor baby #2 has so far gotten little to no attention from me! Yes, I have to take my vitamings and go to the doctor, but that is about it! So here is a little update...
I am just beginning my third tri-mester (currently at 29 weeks) and have had little complaints this whole pregnancy. I am taking more vitamins and a even few prescriptions that I didn't have with Evelyn, but things have been smooth sailing so far! I feel like the baby is more active than she was. I feel movements and flutters throughout the day and a lot at night when I am sitting quietly. I remember I wouldn't feel her move for days at a time and I didn't think anything of it. To this day she is a great sleeper - so I am wondering if #2 will be more active?
I have gone from hardly 'showing' at all - to a complete stranger asking if I am having twins in a span of a few weeks time. It is fun to have people no longer wondering 'is she or isn't she' - I am having fun with all the attention and enjoy sharing that I just know this baby will be born on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day (obviously only time will tell...) The doctor already brought up how long he would let me go without induction -and I explained that I absolutely refuse to be induced unless totally necessary. He looked at me like 'ya right they all say that' - so we will see. Obviously I hope that the baby will come on time - but I can't imagine going into 2011 without having the baby here - so again only time will tell. BUT I intend to hold out as long as possible if necessary...
We have started to call the baby 'Yogi' - kind of a name that stuck when throwing around ideas for baby names. We both agree that we will not legally use that name - but both think it is so cute to refer to 'Baby Yogi' and even more adorable when Evelyn says it. I have given Keith ultimate naming power as I just cannot decide on anything. Naturally - we will want to agree on the final decision - but I just am not concerned about it right now. I am just so excited to hold the baby and begin our lives as a family of four!
Here are the pictures from the only ultrasound we will have (click to enlarge). It is a fun day for us and we have started a little tradition. We go to the doctor's offic for the ultrasound in the morning and have the nurse write down the sex of the baby on a piece of paper. Then we go out for lunch and open it together! We have such specific memories doing that with Evleyn, that we thought it would be fun to do it again.... We also added an after-lunch nap and shopping to the tradition this year :)

No comments:
Post a Comment